Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Operating System Launched – Ubuntu is one of the most widely used Linux Based Operating System. Earlier I have covered the news of Ubuntu based Tablets making entry into the Android Dominated Market. Now recently Latest Operating System Ubuntu 13.04 dubbed as ‘Raring Ringtail’ is launched and now available free to download. Ubuntu is used by millions of Linux Desktop OS lovers across the world and it is one of the most popular Linux Distribution Operating System. While there are not so much new features in Ubuntu 13.04 but there are some enhancements and in this I will try to cover key improvements from earlier version of Ubuntu Operating System.
Features of Ubuntu Operating System
For those who are still using Microsoft Windows as the operating System Ubuntu is ‘Fast, free and incredibly easy to use, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktop PCs, laptops and servers around the world’. There are some of the key features of Ubuntu such as
- Secure with built-in Firewall and virus protection, definitions gets updated automatically
- Incredible Fast Booting Time of OS even on older systems. There are no unnecessary programs of trial software to slow down the speed of your system
- Compatible with most of the devices such as MP3 Player, Camera and moreover you get compatibility with Windows files also which is not true vice-versa. Read How to make Linux Partition visible in Windows
- Wide range of accessibility with translation into 40 languages
- Comes preloaded with all the software’s needed such as Media Player, Office Suite and others also.
- Free of Cost
What’s New in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Operating System?
In Ubuntu 13.04 some of the old features have been removed to make the operating system more efficient and fast. Most of the features and interface looks same as the older version. You can explore the Operating System from Online tour before Download and Install Ubuntu 13.04 on your System. There are some of the differences explored by AddictiveTips in their Hands on Review of Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Operating System. Following are the main differences and you can explore them in details from AddictiveTips.
- Better Performance
- New Photos and Social Lenses for effective search on Local Disk and on Internet
- Pre-App Toggles for Online Account
- New Window Switching Method
- Synch Menu
- Improved Bluetooth Menu
- New Shutdown Dialog Menu
- Smoother Animations