Acquiring a fun and entertaining game room isn’t complete without having the right games to compliment. Sure, anyone can have a game room. But let’s ask ourselves this rhetorical question. Is my game room a place where people would definitely want to come back for a second round? If you already own a game room and you answered yes to this question, then you are good to go. If you answered the contrary or if you are unsure of where to begin, there is hope in sight. We are going to discuss what to consider in making an arcade game selections and the most popular.
When selecting an arcade game for your game room take these attributes into consideration:
Popularity – How familiar are people with this type of game? Does this game bring you back to the days when you were a kid? When answering these two questions take a walk down memory lane, to when you were a kid. Yes popularity is a subjective thing, but if you enjoyed a particular game when you were a kid, chances are other people did as well.
Multiplayer Option – The goal of your game room should be to create a social setting where everyone can play anything. The more the merrier. Nothing better bands a group of people together like healthy competition
Interaction – How well does this type of game put you in the mood for movement? If this game can get you moving, then others will more than likely follow suit.
After careful consideration of the three main attributes to a fun arcade game, these top 5 arcade games made the mark in interaction, popularity and multiplayer.
1) Pinball Machine – Pinball machines are a definite oldie but goodie. Pinball is a game that anyone from the age of 8 to 80 can play. Pinball machines can be mechanical, digital, or both. It is a very easy and “throwback” game to play and you can compete with your peers for the highest possible scores.
2) Basketball Arcade Game – Whether you are playing on an actual court at your local park or playing via game room; basketball is the definitely a game that is popular, competitive, and fun. Basketball arcade games are the perfect choice for anyone who wants to put their skills to the test.
3) Video Arcade Games – A game room isn’t a game room without a video arcade game machine. The best part about video arcade games is that the most popular games are played via video game (Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and PacMan). Owning a video arcade game machine is a definite win for any video game enthusiast.
4) Air Hockey Table – Air hockey is a fun and competitive way to enhance and put your hand and eye coordination to the test. Air hockey provides hours of non-stop and competitive fun.
5) Interactive Arcade Games – Interactive arcade games have been popular since the 1990s, thanks to games such as Dance Dance Revolution or “DDR.” The main idea of an interactive game is to include other parts of the body for movement. Interactive arcades make an excellent inclusion into any rec room.
A game room isn’t a game room without the right type of games to compliment. Finding the perfect arcade games for your game room can be both fun and nostalgic. Always remember when considering if it’s a game that you will have fun playing chances are others will enjoy it too.