Getting a good night’s sleep is essential if you’re going to stay healthy and happy. It’s important to start by buying the right mattress. However, buying one without doing proper research means that you’ll always wake up with achy mornings and go through sleepless nights. So, ask yourself if you’ve made the right investment before purchasing any mattress
Here, I’ve put together some of the top 4 mattress technologies that you’ll need to remember. They are simply modifications by product manufacturers. Let’s take a closer look at them!
1. Mattress Cover Technologies
You should not overlook the mattress covers. I found that they have amazing health benefits. They play a huge role in providing comfort and breathability to the materials within. So, it’s more than just an afterthought. Two of the most suitable technologies we have today include:
- Silver-fused covers – silver is commonly known for its ability to keep out bacteria. Hence, different manufacturers have been using it for its rich benefits. A mattress cover like the lucid 12” Gel Memory Foam Mattress helps in keeping out microbes from living within the fibers of the sheet.
- Celliant-infused covers – Celliant is a pretty impressive material with excellent health benefits too! It’s created using a potent variety of thermo-reactive minerals that convert excess heat from the body into useful infrared light. However, you should not confuse this with Ultra Violet light. The light that I’m talking about is used by doctors and health researchers for its impressive healing properties.
2. Spring Mattress Technology
These models are cozier and are created using single, small springs fixed into their specific fabric. These springs move independently, offering more support as compared to open spring mattresses. You can find them in their soft, firm or medium versions. Besides, they are better for breathing when compared to other models. So, if you get too warm during the night, this is your ideal type of mattress.
3. Memory Foam Mattress Technology
These are more modern mattresses, and they are created using memory foam. This is simply a moldable material which also responds to your weight and temperature. Any review website will tell you that it’s perfect for comfort as it folds itself according to the shape of your body. The best list at try mattress even shows that they are ideal for relieving backaches!
I discovered that this is because it can absorb your body weight, relieve and relax pressure on all your joints. Of course, not everyone likes the way these mattresses sink. Also, it gets too warm and unbearable during the night. However, doctors recommend it for patients suffering from frequent back pains. They say it’s able to maintain the right body posture and aligns the spine especially if you love sleeping sideways.
4. Latex Mattress Technology
These mattresses are made from latex foam. I love this material because it’s quite breathable. Hence, you’ll enjoy a relaxed night at just the right temperature. It’s also highly durable and can last for several years. Here, I should mention that they are the right options if you’re suffering from asthma or allergies. Of course, this is mostly because of their highly breathable material.
At first, they can feel a bit too solid. So, if you love sleeping in a firmer bed, these are your best type of mattresses. Unfortunately, heavy latex mattresses are hard to turn while also the cheaper models tend to develop dents and lumps after some years.
Choosing the best mattress will only get easier once you’ve correctly understood these four technologies. Once you go shopping, make sure that you’ve tried out all models and do not settle for less. Remember that you need a mattress that can serve you for many years. So, always trust your instincts!
Steal easy home makeover ideas from Frugal Trend Setter on how to decorate every room of your home, from the kitchen to the bedroom; which will transform your home into a healing and relaxing zone.