In the previous post, I have discussed about the installation of R and R Studio in Windows. Now is the time to start learning real R Programming. Before going to write our first program in R, we need to study basic features of R Programming language.
- The core of R is an interpreted computer language
- R allows integration with the procedures written in the C, C++, .Net, Python or FORTRAN languages for efficiency
- R is freely available under the GNU General Public License
- R provides graphical facilities for data analysis
- R has an effective data handling and storage facility
Writing first program in R Programming
As usual we will start by writing “Hello World” in R. Open R Studio and go to console window as shown below:
To print “Hello World” just type “Hello World” on the console and hit enter, you will that the output appears.
This is how you can print “Hello World” in R, isn’t it simple. Now to assign any value in R to a variable use <- sign. For example to assign the value of 4+5 to x just type x<-4+5. To see the value of variable, just type the name of variable and press enter. See below image where I am printing the value of x.
Thank you for reading the post. Subscribe Technokarak.com for more Programming Tutorials.