Some time back I had written about UMPlayer which is good alternative to VLC Media Player. Thing that I liked about UMPlayer is the ability to search and download subtitles of movies, TV shows from the software itself. Subtitles are very useful and it helps in understanding movie dialogue better. It is not true that subtitles are useful for person who has weak English, it is a fact that due to different ascent in countries it is sometime hard to understand the audio. Most of the movies comes with bundled subtitles but some of them are out of sync and that irritates a lot. In that case you have to open your browser type movie name and search of subtitles which needs to be downloaded and tested separately to find the best one. To free from such situation, a little extension known as “VLSub” comes handy allowing you to search and download subtitles from player itself.
Download subtitles automatically in VLC Media Player with VLSub Extension
Using VLSub is very easy and it actually doesn’t need any installation, you just have to copy and paste the correct file in correct folder. Follow the step by step tutorial given below to download and install VLSub extension.
1. Download the extension from link. Look for a button with Download .zip file written. See image below
2. Extract the zip file and copy a file named vlsub.lua from the extracted folder
3. Go to the installation directory of VLC Media Player and navigate to following path
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua
4. Create a new folder “extensions” and paste the copied vlcsub.luad file into it as shown below
5. Now when you open a movie and want to search for subtitle navigate to view->VLSub 0.9.9.
6. A New window will open and show two options to search subtitles either by name or by hash value. For test i have checked with name and it works perfectly fine.
Conclusion: A Must have an extension in VLC Media player. It saves a lot of time in searching subtitles all over the internet, with one click you can easily search, download and use subtitles in VLC.
Latest posts by Achin Jain (see all)
- Top 3 below $150 Mobiles: ECOO Focus E01, THL T6 PRO, CUBOT S168 - October 28, 2014
- Intex Aqua Amaze – Cheap Octa-Core HD Mobile with 13MP Camera - October 27, 2014
- Lenovo Rocstar A319 – Cheap Music Smartphone with Dolby Digital Plus technology - October 26, 2014