Instagram is a popular social media channel that focuses on photo- and video-sharing. It has more than 1 billion monthly active users worldwide, and over 100 million photos and videos are posted to the platform daily.
Although it’s like a walk in the park when you upload your stuff on Instagram, downloading them requires you to take an extra step. And, we will teach the various options on how to do that. So, without further fussing, here’s a guide on how to download instagram photos and videos.
The Official Way to Download Instagram Photos and Videos
The social networking service has no native way to download specific videos and photos from your profile or other people’s. But it enables you to download the whole history of your account, including the videos and images you have uploaded as stories or posts. Follow these steps on how to download your entire Instagram data.
- Open your web browser and go to the official website for Instagram.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click the gear icon located at the right of Edit Profile.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- On the Account Privacy page, scroll down to Data Download and click on Request Download.
- Key in your email and password to get the download link through email.
- Once the email arrives, click on Download Data.
- Once you’re redirected to Instagram’s website, log in your account and download the zip file containing all your Instagram data.
- Extract the file to a new folder.
Aside from downloading your stuff through Instagram’s website, you can also do this process using the mobile application.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Security.
- Then, tap Download Data.
- Type your email and password.
- Choose Request Download.
Downloading Instagram Photos and Videos Using the Source Code
You can also use a source code if you want to download Instagram content. The good thing about this method is that it goes straight to download a specific image or video. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting the download done.
- Go to Instagram’s website and key in your credentials.
- Select the image you want to save and right-click on it.
- Click the Inspect Element or the View Page Source option.
- Once you’re directed to the source code, search for “JPG” (for photos) or “MP4” (for videos).
- Copy the link that ends in JPG or MP4 inside the quotation marks.
- Paste the link on the address bar of your web browser.
- Right-click on the picture and select the Save Image As option.
Downloading Instagram Content Using DownloadGram
If you think that the methods mentioned above give you a lot of work, you can use DownloadGram to download Instagram content. It’s a free online tool that provides convenience when it comes to downloading photos and videos from Instagram. Here’s how to get this online program started.
- Visit Instagram’s website.
- Look for the photo you want to download, click on the three dots located at the upper right corner, and select Go To Post.
- Copy the link from the address bar.
- Go to the website for DownloadGram.
- Paste the link of the Instagram photo on the input box.
- Click on Download.
DownloadGram is available for both mobile and personal computer use. Plus, you can use it without installing the software. The only catch is that there are ads for this free online tool.
Yes, you can download pictures and videos from Instagram. The first option is to request Instagram to let you download your account’s entire history. Another method is to look for the page source code and copy-paste the link of the image on your browser’s address bar. Lastly, you can use a third-party online tool, such as DownloadGram, to save photos and videos from Instagram to your device.