There are a lot of devices in your Home that can connect to internet like Desktop Systems, Laptops, Mobile and Tablets. But can you connect them all simultaneously. Well some of you including me can say yes as I am using MTNL Broadband that has no limit on the number of users connected to single connection. It is not so easy for all since some of Broadband Service providers has limit on the number of users connected to internet. Earlier I use to have Tata Wimax connection that allows us to connect a single device at a time. So to let other members of my family use internet connection I use to make a desktop as a server and through that desktop we all use the internet connection. That was not so hard to do but for people that are not so technically strong that can be difficult task. Now with the launch of so many internet connection sharing software, even a child can allow other computer to connect to internet in windows 7/8. In this post I am going to show how to use software to share your internet connection in windows 7/8.
- How to Combine Multiple Internet Connections for Faster Speed, Higher Bandwidth and Increased Reliability
- How to increase Internet Browsing Speed with Google Public DNS
- Best Torrific Alternatives to Download Torrent Files with IDM Download Manager
- Increase IDM Download Speed with IDM Optimizer – Really??
- Increase uTorrent Download Speed with uTorrent Optimizer – Review
How to allow other computer to connect to internet in windows 7/8
There are many software that can be used to share internet connection from your Laptop or Desktop System in windows 7/8. In this article I am going to use Connectify Hotspot to Turn windows 7 & 8 laptop into wi-fi hotspot and make a virtual wi-fi router.
1. Download Connectify Hotspot and install the software on windows 7/8.
2. Run the application which will open a window with options to share internet connection from windows 7/8
3. Enter Hotspot Name and password as shown in the figure above. Select the internet connection you want to share, if there is only one connection you are connected it will automatically displays that.
4. In share Over field select Wi-Fi to allow other computer to connect to internet
5. In Sharing mode you can select the security level. For secure connection try to use either WPA2 or WEP sharing mode
6. Click on Start Hotspot
7. To test the effectiveness of the tool I have connected my Mobile via Wi-Fi. Connection was made easily and software shows my phone in connected device list as shown below.
Connectify Hotspot in Action
- Top 5 software to Surf Web Anonymously without getting tracked
- Top 5 Online Websites to Scan File for virus
- EmailTracer – Online Tool to Trace and Track sender of Email
Use mHotSpot to Share Internet Connection in windows 7/8
mHotSpot is another software that lets you share internet connection over WiFi. Features of mHotSpot are as follows:
- Facility to Connect up to 10 devices
- Set any Name to your Hotspot
- Easy to Share any type of Internet Connection(LAN, Ethernet,3G/4G,Wifi etc)
- Hotspot created with the tool can be access by Android phones, ipads, PDAs, tablet-pcs and other devices
- You can secure wireless hotspot with WPA2 PSK password security
- Make your laptop to extends your Wifi range(Acts as a repeater)
Conclusion: Both the software’s can be used to allow other computer to connect to internet in windows 7/8, but after going through both I recommend Connectify Hotspot. mHotSpot is very lightweight with installer size of less than 1MB where Connectify Hotspot is around 6 MB and requires .Net framework 4.5 to work effectively which requires another 45MB.
If you like the post share with your friends on Social Networking sites and if you have any problems in installing the software and making your system as Wi-Fi router post your message by commenting below.